We're delighted to announce that 18th September 2022 is Losers Loan Sunday.
We all need help at the moment. Bills are mounting and there's bad news at every corner. Even Liz Truss seems really worried about fish markets.
On Losers Loan Sunday, every team in the League will receive 13 points credit. These 13 points are to be "spent" before the end of this month.
With the 13 points, you can:
- Put it towards Pitlane Punt stakes, so if you fail, credit points will go towards paying your stake.
- Put it towards Fast Forecasts, so if you fail, credit points will go towards paying your 5-point loss.
- Buy a one-race micro-Boost (worth an extra one-fifth of your Track Points) for 8 credit points.
- Buy an extra Ejector Seat for 13 points, to be deployed immediately.
You can use your credit across one or some of the above – but you only have 13 points to spend.
- You use your credit towards a gamble on the Top of the Crop Stop Punt. But oh no, the Punt fails. You would normally lose an 8 point stake. But you used your credit, so you lose nothing. 8 points of your credit are used up. Your credit is now down to 5 points.
- You then use your credit towards a Fast Forecast, predicting Verstappen will qualify 16th. You are an idiot and lose 5 points. Except you don't. Your remaining 5 point credit covers your loss. Your credit is now down to zero. Losers loan complete!
You have to specifically request your credit when taking out a team action. If you don't request a credit, it won't apply. The process for doing this is as follows:
- If you want to put your credit towards a Punt or Forecast, when you write your team name on the submission form, write the word CREDIT afterwards. Like this: "Steady Jordan CREDIT".
- If you want to buy an extra Ejector Seat for all 13 credit points, submit an Ejector Seat change as normal. As above, when you write your team name on the submission form, write the word CREDIT afterwards. Like this: "Steady Jordan CREDIT".
- If you want to buy a one-race micro Boost for 8 points, use the special form at the bottom of this page. The form will appear on September 18th.
You can also email and message requests to the usual email address and Twitter account.
You can only enact credits between 18th and 30th September inclusive. Any requests before then will be ignored.
We'll use up your credit requests in strict chronological order of submission. If you use up your 13 credit points – which you may not discover until we publish race results – any later credit requests will fail and you'll lose your usual points as normal. You might as well request a lot as you don't know what will succeed and what will fail!
The 13-point credit is temporary. Ephemeral. Like Daniel Ricciardo's reputation. If you don't use your credit before the end of the month, it disappears.
We already feel better about the fish markets!
THE EJECTOR FORM