Formula One isn't just about cars going vroom vroom. It's also about Crashgate, and Spygate, and Tyrrell sneaking lead shot into their fuel tanks.
That's why, new for 2022, we're offering Bribes to the teams participating in the F1 Losers League. Scandal!
- In the race immediately following Ejector Seat activity, if your team scores MORE Track Points than the previous race, the League will award you an Ejector Bribe of 5 points.
- This is to encourage you to use Ejector Seats to change your Losers team throughout the season.
- Launch an Ejector Seat now.
- At every race, the Boosted team that scores the most basic Track Points (i.e. before any doubling) will be awarded a Boost Bribe of 5 points.
- This is to encourage you to press your Boost Buttons out of sequence with other teams. You're more likely to get the Bribe with fewer teams Boosting.
- Press a Boost Button now.
INTRODUCING TRACK POINTS
- We've added a 'Raceday Special' element which changes depending on the race, which might help with Boost strategies.
- We've ditched the minus-25 point penalty for race wins. It was difficult to play with stats when a bunch of negative points are thrown into the mix. It'll tighten the field too. Only positive losing from now on!
- Beige Flags have narrowed their focus slightly. Rather than fails during races, they will now just be about fails *away* from the racetrack (behind-the-scenes arguments and incidents). Much more scandalous!
- For the Biggest Drop points element, we're now measuring the drop in places from *grid position* to race result, rather than from qualifying position to race result.
- We've done the same for the Sprint Drop points element. In fact, the reason why we've made this adjustment is because the Sprint sessions have muddied the meaning of qualifying somewhat.
- The Qualifying Forecast is now a Grid Position Forecast.
- One of the new Raceday Special points elements is specifically about grid positions.