If F1 constructors use too many power unit or gearbox components, they face a grid penalty. An engine failure for Ferrari's Charles Leclerc has left him on the brink of such a penalty.
Everyone loves a penalty shoot-out, right? Bet on a parts-related grid penalty happening at the next race. Read on to play this Punt.
- Bet that a car will face a grid penalty at the next race in the season due to overusing power unit or gearbox elements
- 1:1 odds
- 5 points
- Or 2 point for cowards
- If you place this bet and a grid penalty has already been announced, that penalty does not count
- This Punt relates to parts allocations for energy stores, ICEs, MGU-Hs, MGU-Ks, and all those fancy electronics, exhaust set-ups and turbochargers
- Whether or not the car ended up actually losing places on the grid is irrelevant
- By "next race", we mean the next race on the F1 calendar
- If you place this bet with a 5-point stake and Alpine are forced to replace their internal combustion engine with Mentos and Diet Coke explosions, instead of paying your stake, you win 5 points
- This must be played by the scheduled start of the race in question
- Winnings will be given or stakes taken in the scores of the relevant race
To play this Punt:
- Choose Parts Penalty Peril on the betting form below. You can also email your bet, or tell us on social media