Alpine's dominance over McLaren seems assured, with Alonso's brilliant performances overshadowing Daniel Ricciardo's continuing struggles.
But any Alpine region has valleys as well as peaks.
At the next race in the season, bet that one of the Alpine cars will have a worse race result than both McLarens. Read on to play this Punt.
- Bet that EITHER Alonso or Ocon will have a worse race result than BOTH Norris and Ricciardo.
- You just need ONE Alpine driver to do worse than both McLaren drivers.
- This gamble applies to the next race in the season.
- By "race result", we mean the FIA classification as listed on the F1's official race results page^.
- This punt applies to DNFs as well as race finishes. When comparing DNFs, we consider an earlier retirement to be worse than a later retirement. For example, in Saudi Arabia^, Alonso and Ricciardo retired on the same lap – but Alonso retired first (just!), so he got a worse race result.
- 5:1 odds
- Up to 5 of your Losers Points.
- If BOTH Alpine cars have a worse result than both McLarens, we'll give you 5 extra points.
- Let's take the Hungarian grand prix. Alonso was 8th and Ocon was 9th for Alpine. Norris was 7th and Ricciardo was 15th for McLaren. Neither Alpine car finished behind both McLarens. The punt fails.
- Let's take the Austrian grand prix. Alonso was 10th and Ocon was 5th for Alpine. Norris was 7th and Ricciardo was 9th for McLaren. One Alpine car (Alonso) finished behind both McLarens. The punt succeeds.
- If you place this bet with a 5-point stake and Alonso trundles along at 5mph and ends up 92 places behind both McLarens, instead of paying your stake, you win 25 points.
- This punt applies to the next race of the season, and must be played before the scheduled start of that race.
- The result will be announced in the scores for that race, where your stake will be paid or your winnings given.
Use this form to place your bet (or email us). The League reserves the right to change the terms of this Punt without notice. There are other active Pitlane Punts. See them here.