There has been a lot of debate about "flexi floors", a mysterious aerodynamic trick that the FIA wants to crack down on as we go into the summer break. See the video at the bottom of this page.
Mercedes have struggled this year, but they reckon this will "level the playing field". Meanwhile, people are accusing Red Bull of using flexi-floors a bit too much. What will happen once the FIA get involved?
For the first races after the summer break, bet that either (a) Mercedes' race results will drop off or (b) Red Bull's race results will drop off. Read on to play this Punt.
- Bet that Mercedes OR Red Bull's average race result across the first three races prix after the summer break will be WORSE than their current three-race average.
- We will work out the average mathematically, taking a mean average of results for both cars across three races. For the sake of mathematics, a race result classified as a DNF, DNS or similar will count as "20th".
- By 'race result', we mean final race classification after any penalties have been applied.
- For the record, the current averages are 2.833rd place for Mercedes and 5.5th place for Red Bull.
- Taking the three races just gone, Hamilton came 3rd, 2nd and 2nd while Russell came 4th, 3rd and 3rd. That gives Mercedes an average of 2.833rd place! If you pick Mercedes, you'll be betting on them doing WORSE than this after the summer break.
- Taking the three races just gone, Verstappen came 2nd, 1st and 1st while Perez scored a DNF then came 4th and 5th. If a DNF is equivalent to 20th place, that gives Red Bull an average of 5.5th place! If you pick Red Bull, you'll be betting on them doing WORSE than this after the summer break.
- 3:1 odds
- Up to 8 of your Losers Points.
- If you place this bet with an 8-point stake and your chosen team's performance does indeed drop off, instead of paying your stake, you win 24 points.
- This punt must be played by the start of the Belgian grand prix on Sunday 28 August.
- The result will be announced in the scores for the 11 September Italian grand prix, where your stake will be paid or your winnings given.
Use this form to place your bet (or email us). The League reserves the right to change the terms of this Punt without notice. There are other active Pitlane Punts. See them here.