The Lucky Spanner is a team action Losers Teams can take alongside Boost Buttons, Pitlane Punts, Fast Forecast and Ejector Seats.
The Lucky Spanner is an extreme measure that resets all of a Losers Team's members. It's a self-destruct button which then spawns an entirely new team. Each Losers Team gets just one Lucky Spanner.
Wield your Lucky Spanner using the form at the bottom of the page or just email us.
HOW THE LUCKY SPANNER WORKS
If a Losers Team uses their Lucky Spanner:
- The Losers Team's existing drivers and constructor get sacked. All of them.
- They are replaced with new choices selected by the F1 Losers League.
That's right. The League gets to decide. Uh-oh.
A Losers Team using the Lucky Spanner will then face the rest of the season with this whole new set of team choices.
HOW DOES THE LEAGUE CHOOSE REPLACEMENTS?
The League chooses the new picks randomly. However, the League will abide by three principles:
- The new choices won't include any driver or constructor that has just been dumped from the Losers Team.
- Any driver or constructor that has won a Formula One race that season will be excluded from selection.
- The new choices will be subject to the Pit Garage Rule.
WHEN YOU CAN'T USE THE LUCKY SPANNER
- The Spanner cannot be triggered in conjunction with an Ejector Seat at the same race.
- If you submit after qualifying, the changes take effect for the following race.
USE YOUR SPANNER NOW