WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A LUCKY SPANNER IS USED?
- The Losers Team's existing drivers and constructor get sacked. All of them.
- They are replaced with new choices selected by the F1 Losers League.
That's right. The League gets to decide. Uh-oh.
A Losers Team using the Lucky Spanner will then face the rest of the season with this whole new set of team choices.
HOW DOES THE LEAGUE CHOOSE REPLACEMENTS?
The League chooses the new picks randomly, which carries some risk.
However, the League will abide by three principles:
- The new choices won't include any driver or constructor that has just been dumped from the Losers Team.
- Any driver or constructor that has won a Formula One race that season will be excluded from selection.
- The new choices will be subject to the Pit Garage Rule (see the Entries page for more on this).
It's a haphazard way of changing team choices, or maybe it's not: we'll find out amid the chaos.
WHEN YOU CAN'T USE THE LUCKY SPANNER
- The Lucky Spanner is usable only in the second half of the season (see the Calendar for the date).
- The Spanner cannot be triggered in conjunction with an Ejector Seat at the same race.
Because it doesn't sound as good. Shut up.
THE PRACTICAL BIT
The Lucky Spanner must be used before a grand prix's first practice session (FP1) to take effect for that weekend’s race.